The theme for 2020 is still “Taking Up Space” and with the current pandemic, this is a good time to take up a new skill, learn something new or improve some of your existing skills. Even though it is a difficult time, I hope you are able to rediscover some of your talents, how to use them and upskill yourself.
I recently took up an interest in coding and I am taking a few courses on Coursera to learn more and sharpen up my skills. There is so much you can do from your bed with just your phone and internet. You can learn new skills for free on sites such as YouTube, Coursera or Google’s Digital Skills for Africa.
These sites and tools will help increase your knowledge, improve your skills, competence and increase your visibility. As you work on taking up space this year, remember that successful people are not gifted, they just work hard, then succeed on purpose. There is no better time like the present, so bookmark and start your today!
1. Google Digital Skills for Africa will help you grow your career or business at your own pace, with flexible and personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive. Discover tools to make your business succeed, improve your interview skills and prepare for the career you want.
2. Master the Google tools you use at work with free online training and e-learning courses designed by Google product experts. Learn at your own pace and get Google product certified.
3. Learn a new skill with Coursera, an American online learning that offers massive open online courses (MOOC), specializations, and degrees. Coursera works with universities and other organizations to offer online courses, specializations, and degrees in a variety of subjects, such as engineering, data science, machine learning, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, and others.
4. Africa Legal offer some interactive online courses that can be done anywhere, at any time, and is perfect for students, lawyers and business owner.
5. Alison has a large range of free, comprehensive classes on financial literacy, personal and soft skills, digital skills, entrepreneurship and then some. It targets all kinds of learners, from professionals and managers to teachers and freelancers.
Hope you enjoy upskilling yourself!